Interactive entertainment marketing professional with a background in free-to-play, console, PC MMO, and overall publishing. Highly customer-focused and dedicated to building great product experiences. Currently growing the EVE Universe at CCP Games, a leading independent developer of massively multiplayer online games and virtual reality entertainment.
Global Brand Director
July 2014 – Present, Atlanta, GA
Setting brand strategy and driving marketing initiatives for CCP’s EVE Universe products, including EVE Online, EVE: Valkyrie, and DUST 514. Working across disciplines and departments to develop, promote, and grow great games and communities.
- Develop strategic marketing plans
- Set brand goals and objectives
- Lead brand development
- Drive growth and excellence
- Collaborate with product teams
- Work with external partners and agencies
- Coordinate internal marketing teams & specialists
- Oversee asset creation and marketing creative direction
Sr. Brand Marketer
June 2012 – July 2014, Atlanta, GA
Broke new ground in interactive entertainment with DUST 514, a free-to-play online multiplayer first-person-shooter developed for PlayStation 3 and connected to the virtual world of EVE Online.
- Developed tools for acquisition, activation, re-activation and retention
- Directed internal teams to optimize funnel performance and achieve business goals
- Collaborated with platform partner PlayStation on strategic marketing opportunities
- Managed external communication channels
- Provided product insight to production team
- Coordinated promotional asset production
August 2011 – May 2012, Providence, RI
Shipped a multiplatform new IP to critical acclaim and retail success in a highly competitive marketplace with publishing partner Electronic Arts. Co-developed branding and positioning for a massive new fantasy universe developed by visionary creators Todd McFarlane and R.A. Salvatore.
- Conceived, scripted and produced a series of high-production marketing videos, working with publisher, outside agency, and internal production team
- Co-developed a multi-year product roadmap for a new fantasy IP, created by New York Times bestselling author R. A. Salvatore
- Coordinated multi-channel asset production (web, video, editorial, art) for global game marketing
2008 – 2011, San Francisco, CA
Managed a team of editors, writers and artists at IGN.com, the world’s most popular destination for video game news, reviews and opinion. Previous: Features Editor, Associate Editor.
- Directly managed a team of editors and led the content department.
- Collaborated with UI, Product and Engineering teams on content delivery innovation.
- Negotiated exclusive content deals with game publishers & developers.
- Planned and developed editorial content at the web’s No. 1 video game destination.
- Built relationships and tracked trends at industry events (E3, GDC, TGS, PAX)
University of Missouri School of Journalism
Bachelor of Journalism
Columbia, MO, USA